Friday, February 02, 2007

What the papers say


Somehow I managed to get myself into the local rag the other day. I had presented a report of my work to the Dunbar Community Council and I didn't ask for it but they gave me £1200. Whilst that money is not to be sniffed at, I am more impressed with the level of trust they are prepared to give to a Christian organisation. This job has been all about bridging the gap between the community and the church, and this is proof of it begining to bear some fruit at last. Surprisingly the press were not too cynical in their report, where others might have been. However, this is Dunbar and I kid you not, the headline news was how many parking tickets had been issued last year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like they are getting exceptional value for their money

Colin Taylor said...

Football coaching eh? I hope you've taught them some top Danny Love and Richard Tilzey moves. Ouch.