Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Nicole is dumped



Photo: Kristin, my new friend


The back trouble I have been having has brought some new women into my life. First there was Judith the physio who had me down to my undies within 10 minutes of meeting her. When she told me to get undressed she did check that I had undies on as some of her clients have been known to go commando. Her advice was to do a bit of pilates. She and several other people gave me the names of good instructors, and I had several invites to join some classes. I just could not bring myself to do it. The thought of lying on the floor alongside lots of misshapen women was not one to savour. Also, pilates is a fine way of releasing any trumps you have brewing. I don't have much trouble releasing them in normal conditions, so it would be unfair to gas all these poor souls. Instead i opted for videos.
What better place to find videos than Youtube. Some people were giving me funny looks when I told them that i had found some pilates classes on Youtube, as they wrongly thought it is a website dedicated to filth and dodgy videos. I could see nothing wrong with my video, I am sure it is perfectly normal to do pilates in the buff! Anyway the main benefit of it is that you can stay at home and enjoy the company of Nicole . Nicole's little moves really hit the spot and within a few weeks my back was getting much better. But the relationship was beginning to get a bit stale. She just kept doing the same old stuff and I felt it was about time to part company. So I dumped her for a better model, Kristin. Kristin is the new woman in my life. I found her on a dusty old DVD that we had acquired from somewhere...i don't know where. Anyway she is MTV's pilates instructor and is really putting me through the paces. I can't keep up with her, and my legs won't bend like hers, but she is getting results, although I am not sure I can meet her demand to meet with her 3-5 times a week.

The good news is that all these women have helped me get back into to reasonable health. I managed the town run tonight (6-7 miles) without any discomfort, so I am going to build it up slowly. I've opted out of the cross country for now, as it starts on Sunday.

No comments: