Tuesday, January 13, 2009

On the telly



Pictures: Me on the telly (left side with hat on) and Jonathan Edwards the triple jumper ending his career on cold Saturday afternoons presenting minor sporting events.

We went along to Holyrood on Saturday to watch the international cross country races. We had gone to support Andrew, one of our club mates who was running for Scotland in the under 17's race which is pretty impressive given he has only been running for about a year and a bit. Anyway Grandstand were there doing a broadcast and Jonathan Edwards was presenting it, along with Brendan Foster and Steve Cram. I tried to get in the background whilst they filmed so i could be on the telly but couldn't get the angle I needed. I went to watch the races and that's where i got my big break! As the camera follows the Ethiopian and Kenyans eating our rubbish women runners for breakfast I managed to get in the shot. So there I am...as close as I will ever get to sharing the big screen with elite athletes. As for the boy Andrew...he came 5th which was pretty good. We stuck around for a few more races and saw Stockport runner Steve Vernon come second, and I got a few pics of the celebs. Cold but a different way to spend a Saturday.

No comments: