Friday, January 09, 2009

Some websites I often visit Part 1





I've ended up with far too many links in my bookmark thing on my computer...tell tale signs of me wasting hours of my life on it. Here are few that I like:

1. Part of my daily routine is catching up on the small town talk on the Dunbar Community Forum It is full of village idiots, but occasionally you get some useful bits of info, and it stirs the community up to do something. For example, I spent Boxing Day with 20 other people building a path through the muddy track in the woods behind us as a result of wingers on the forum.

2. Free music of every variety can be found at LastFM This link takes you to my awful library which got a bit out of control. It has been many years since I listened to a Yazoo album, and the Gary Glitter track was just an experiment to see how far you can push a site like this....honestly!

3. Vixy is one I use often to nick films off Youtube and places like that to use in lessons or youth clubs.

4. Scripture Union who I am an associate worker with do bible reading notes online. In fact if you want to study the bible but can't be bothered reading it you can press the 'play' button and someone from middle England will read it to you. It's a bit hit and miss, but one of the better online tools I have seen, and it doesn't have any pop up money grabbing appeals from American tv evangelists WordLive

5. Another local connection here with the local team Dunbar United Many of my Saturday afternoons are spent watching the Seasiders give it their all. There's nearly always a fight with someone on or off the pitch, the language is foul, the pies are mince, the football is thrilling, the ministers son plays for them (so does my postman). It's a must for any visitor to Dunbar.

I'll keep adding a few more over the coming weeks.

No comments: