Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Goal!

I got drawn into a big game of footy tonight. It's not my No1 choice of sport as I was originally left footed (in the physical sense) until some police woman ran me over in her mini when I was 7 and forced me into becoming right footed (courtesy of a broken leg). However I was on form...apart from a couple of skyward bound hoofers..I managed to get 2 goals, giving my side a 3-1 victory.
This sound impressive until you discover the opposition was a bunch of 11 year olds at the annual dad's vs the lads end of season game. I have never quite mastered ball control and I hit and hope. Unfortunately for the little kid in front of my shot, I hit it with quite some force (size 12 feet helps) and got the child on his head. Mild concussion never did anyone any harm!

No comments: