Monday, February 15, 2010

London Marathon is on

The Achilles Tendonitis has been the cause for many 'should I or shouldn't I?' conversations with myself and others about running the London Marathon. As time ticks away I have fallen behind with my training plan, so the question I needed to answer for myself was can I still run any distance. Well I gave it a go yesterday and ran 14 miles of multi terrain, mainly flat. Only at around 11 miles did the heel start to give any real discomfort, but then I adapted my style to ease it. I did get a bit of swelling afterwards, and Andrew now calls me 'Granny Ankles'. I finally took the plunge and booked my train tickets to the big smoke on the basis that I am going to run. Why else would anyone want to go to London? So, it's time to knuckle down and step up the training as i don't want the humiliation of being beaten by some minor celebrity like Peter Andre or a Big Brother contestant.

No comments: