Saturday, November 20, 2010

White Men Can't Jump



Popped along to watch my first ever semi pro basketball game last night. The East Lothian Peregrines vs The Glasgow Rocks. What a game...fast paced, a few scraps, plenty of action. I had no idea what the rules were but it was very entertaining. What really grabbed my interest is who these players actually are. They all must have day jobs and it was fun trying to match them. 2 guys were the blokes off the 118 advert, so that was easy. Another was obviously a teacher...specifically him off Ferris Buellers Day Off. Others were harder to match but I reckon the two smooth operators were actually Phone4U salesmen and the biggest fella was obviously doing it as part of his care in the community programme. The Peregrines won and I for one will be back to see them in action.

No comments: