Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Decisions Decisions

What a day we have coming up on Saturday. So much to choose from.
- Pipe Band Day: Not very nice on the old earole's but a good old community gathering. from 8am onwards we will be able to enjoy the drone of the devils instrument.
- The Dunbar Regatta. The first in decades and a few friends taking part down at the harbour. Hats off to those who have built their own boat and are now ready to race it. I am tempted to join them but like football, it is in conflict with my running which is far more enjoyable.
- The FA Cup Final. Okay, not until 3pm which for me is late in the day, but worth a watch. I have grown to dislike City more and more, although I do like the loyalty of their fans. I can't put my finger on why but I will be pleased to see the cup head to Stoke rather than Manchester. I had a nasty boss who was a city fan, along with his miserable wife, and the thought of any kind of suffering being inflicted on them is to be relished.
- Pencaitland 10km. Looking like the favourite simply because it is a race not on a Sunday and I have not done a 10km for years now. I did a 3km on the track the other day and sort of enjoyed it. This ones got a hill so it should split the pack up a bit. I like hills!
- Loch Leven Half Marathon. Less likely because a) I hate the last 4 miles of running into the wind and b) a touch of the old cantbearseditis kicking in.
- Douglas's full immersion baptism in the swimming pool. This could be interesting and we are all hoping they will make use of the big slide before turning on the wave machine. I've reminded the minister no mooning is allowed, or peeing off the diving board.

Alternatively the garden/bed/beach beckon my attention. have a nice weekend.

No comments: