Monday, March 05, 2007

Bathgate Scum

I did the Scottish Masters National Cross Country race on Saturday. 'Masters' means old...over 35 to enter, so I was one of the youngest there.It was a heafty 10km race around a very muddy park and golf course and I was disappointed to come 125 out of 244. I am trying to get in the top 50% if I can and so it was disappointing to see 65 year old blokes beat me. I did have a good sprint finish and beat 2 guys who had been pestering me all the way around. Anyway the biggest pain was the local youths on the BMX track. They entertained themselves and added an extra obstacle for runners by chucking stones at them. Fortunately for them they missed me. If they had my plan was to nick their BMX and complete the race and then dump it in the bushes short of the finishing line. So that was my one and only experience of Bathgate....as in the Proclaimers Letter from America that optimistically says 'Bathgate no more'. If only!

No comments: