Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Tri Harder



Well that's my first triathlon out of the way. It was probably the most challenging physical thing I have ever done but I was pleased to come away with a prize. In 14th place I was the 2nd fastest local male in the North berwick triathlon. I have never won a prize for my attempts at athletics so it made it all worth while. E-bay let me down and my trisuit didn't arrive so I had to do it in my trunks. As you can see from the photos I look just like Daniel Craig in Bond. To be honest I was concentrating more on not dying than my modesty. On the bike I was determined not to fall off and the thought of buttock grazing kept me safe. The bike bit was my weakness. I thought I was doing ok but people kept waving at me as they flew by me. Still I caught the losers up on the run bit. I will probably do another one but it has to be said that triathlons are very middle class, they are expensive and there is more than the average population of tossers involved in it. Here's the resultsresults and some pictures of me.

No comments: