Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pond Life

The old back was beginning to ease off..80% right I felt until Sunday when I went and helped out clean up the community lily pond. This involved chopping off loads of branches and trees and reclaiming a huge area that was once a pond, but has been left to ruin. There was a great sense of satisfaction in doing the clearing but all along I was ignoring the alarm bells that this might actually set my recovery back. Sure enough...'just one more log and I'm gone'. It was one log too many and now it's agony again. That said, the pilates has made a big difference and my core stability is improving slowly so I reckon I could be fit soon. I need to get fit as Emma is now running better than I am. She is looking forward to taking part in the cross country season, whereas I will be holding the coats this time. Boo!

No comments: