Saturday, December 19, 2009

I Should be So Plucky!

Another festive merriment has been the dreaded school music concert. Music is not a big part of our family. Anyone who has seen my Last FM or Spotify playlists will know my tastes are not very helpful in encouraging my kids to be high achievers in music. That said, Isabelle is doing very well on the keyboard. I have no idea what grade she's at but she played Rod Stuart's 'I am Sailing' the other night, which gets the thumbs up from me! Stuart is also following a musical interest. The violin. It was this devils instrument (not a bad as the recorder or bagpipes) that brought us to his concert. He only knows 3 notes, and he plucks them! So we had to sit through a 2 hour concert to hear his plucking. It was accompanying other violins so it was okay in the end. And actually the concert showcased some reasonable musical ability. The last one we went to when Isabelle was in the choir, forced us to listed to brass and cello's that I would imagine echo's the sound of birthing whales.

The next night was Andrew's school disco. Poor lad had to suffer the same fate as his sister....his dad turning up at the disco. To be fair I was there in a professional capacity, but Andrew made me drop him off and come in at a different time to him. As I am increasingly finding, I knew very few of the popular music they played on the ghetto blaster, so I saved him the embarrassment of dad dancing.



Photo: The plucky young plucker

No comments: