Saturday, August 12, 2006

G-Cubed Youth Programme



My job is working for the churches in Dunbar and Scripture Union developing youth work. We have just had the annual summer youth programme 'G-Cubed' (God to the power of 3) which is basically an informal coffe bar, table football and a loads of multimedia stuff that aims to explain in a 'yoof' freindly way the Christian faith. One fo the things we did was a photo challenge where they had to go out in teams and get pictures of themselves in different places. This one is them showing a limb, followed by 'something round'. They also hide the identity of the kids so I don't have to get permission to post them here. Anyway, the week went well. The kids kept coming back and is it just me or do other people find this generation of kids are quite ok with faith matters. When I was there age you got a real hard time off your mates if you ever went near a church or said Jesus in another context than swearing. You could spot the Christians a mile away...no mates! Nerdy glasses, ugly and not on anyone elses level. Because I went to church as a kid where some of them went, I used to get really embarrassed if they spoke to me in school and worried anyone else thought I was their mate. These days the Christians are really cool. I met a vicar last week who looked like a scally. No sign of sandals and sock to be seen anywhere!

No comments: