Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Richard's Club

I started off a new Bible Club at the Primary School last week. The Head Teacher asked me to do it because the kids are supposed to have a space to reflect and discuss the stuff they are taught in RE about different faiths. Remember this is me doing a primary school club with all my phobias of under 12's. Week 1 saw an impressive 25 kids turn up and apart from a few mix up's with dinners they seemed to enjoy it. Week 2 was ridiculous. 51 kids turned up and there I was leading them in an action song and morphing into a crazy kids praise leader. The Head (Mrs Manson) stuck her head around the door which would have been reassuring, but I was in the middle of a line dance at that point. One step further and she would have been stripping the willow with me.
I am not sure why they come and for how long, but whilst they do I am not complaining. I've not come up with any cheesy catch phrases yet, but the name of the club, which was not of my choosing, is very poor. 'Richard's Club'. A competition to rename it is underway...any suggestions would be welcome but for moral reasons, other spellings of the name 'Richard' beginning with 'D' and rhyming with Mick will be ignored.

No comments: