Monday, December 04, 2006

Clever Trefor

I don't want to give undue air time to a dog on this Blog. That's the sort of thing a 12 year old girl does. However I should explain how it has ended up with this name. As you know I have been involved in the Criccieth Camp for over 20 years, and in the summer I gave up running the camp. Those generous leaders had a whipround and gave me a meaty cheque that I have been trying to think of things to spend it on....something that was of significance. Well with Frank's departure the obvious thing was to put it towards a dog. Criccieth camps have always used the local bus firm Clynogg & Trefor. Trefor is actually a little village with little to it, but the buses are legendary with camp. For me the sight of those burgundy and cream buses at Birch Services was the start of camp. Those itchy seats woolen and the travel sickness of going through the back roads near Bala are etched in my mind. So Trefor got picked...and when Harold (the yellow lab) snuffs it then guess what the new mut will be called?
I did think of other camp related names...Derek in recognition of the great things he has done for the camps. However the slight sense of pleasure in telling him to lie down or sit would be unfair. Mark as in Marquee...but I would sound like my mate Mark Livingstones mum whose squeeky voice used to shout 'Marky' to him even when he was 19 and trying to impress the ladies! Gwyn as in Gwynnedd, Dynion as in Gents loo and Eggy as in Eggy Bread. I wonder if you shouted Eggy to your dog in a public place if you would find people shouting back 'Bread Bread Bread'?

Anyway, for those who used to enjoy Clynogg & Trefor before they went into luxury coaches, here is a picture to remind you of them.

1 comment:

Sanjee Perera said...

Hehehe!!! I kept picturing Derek rolling over and licking people!!! (or am I just having flash backs!!!) Having the most surreal and 3 hr. long conversation with Tewy about (how uncharacteristically shocking !!! GRACE!!! while attempting to find names for your puppies- in my head Emma has got an entire litter) They would be called Eggy (as you rightly suggest) and Bread 1, Bread 2 & Bread 3!!!