Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Jolly Holly's



Whoo hoo! The schools break up on Friday. 7 long weeks of 3 kids getting bored in the house as summer is not happening. Tonight I have the end of year prom to go to at the primary school. Yes even the Scottish schools have latched on to the American way and have prom nights...but for 11 year olds? I am told some are arriving in stretched limo's. I won't be, i will be on my bike but I might put a shirt on or something for the little munchkins and do my Basil Fawlty impression in the ceilidh.

The end of school year also points to how old I am feeling. Isabelle only has one more year in Primary school. Many of you will remember her birth...so you can join me in feeling the bite of age.

I expect my children to be good swimers by the end of the summer. Dunbar pool is free for kids all summer holidays. That's my activity programme sorted....send them off to the pool. Next week is my first Scripture Union Camp and first camp since giving up Criccieth. I really hope our worlds don't clash as they sometimes do in Christian youth work and I frequently found people squirming at some of the stuff we did at Criccieth. Later on in the summer we hit Wensleydale to be reunited with Criccieth leaders of past and present to run a camp there. I am quite looking forward to it al, but will be missing camp at Criccieth. By the way...there's still places so if you know any 15-19 year olds who fancy a good holiday get them booked in.

No comments: