Thursday, January 17, 2008

Staying on

After weeks of wondering whether to apply for that job at ADSA bakery, I need no longer need to bother. My funding has been renewed for another 3 years. I don't know where it has come from but somehow my management group found the huge amount needed to keep me on. There is also a small pay rise in it too so that I don't defect to the neighbouring towns of Haddington or North Berwick where similar jobs are on offer. It's all a big weight off our shoulders as the thought of moving again didn't really have much appeal.

So my ADSA career is over before it started. Actually I ended up going in there yesterday for something no other shop in Dunbar sells...goggles. Not even the swimming pool sells them. They sell nice chips, bacon rolls, sausage and egg rolls but not anything that might be useful for swimming. Dunbar hasn't quite got this health thing right. Hallhill Healthy Living Centre has just installed a bar in the top right corner of the badminton court! They do sell a good range of cakes though, and slush, and beer. None of that fruit juice and salad nonsense to be seen anywhere. And why should they? There's nothing more satisfying than sinking a few ales in the knowldege that you have just played footy or squash for an hour which was very healthy, and that you have earnt that beer.

No comments: